Procuring charter bus services with ONLY Contracted Suppliers is required (due to insurance and safety requirements). For a list of the suppliers who have been awarded a contract to provide Charter Bus Services click here. Important note: Some suppliers on the sourcing page have only been approved for limo or taxi services – so before reserving, make sure the supplier has been approved for Charter Bus Services.
When purchasing charter bus services NOT originating in Virginia, the following procedure must be completed:
1. Have the firm submit Certificate of Insurance (“COI”) showing that the following coverages and limits have been met:
- Automobile Liability: $10,000,000 each accident minimum limit of liability for all owned, hired, and non-owned vehicles.
- General Liability: $1,000,000 per occurrence minimum limit of liability.
- The University will be named as additionally insured. (Additional insured name: "The Commonwealth of Virginia, and the Rector and Visitors of the University of Virginia, its officers, employees, and agents") The Rector and Visitors of the University of Virginia 914 Emmet Street Charlottesville VA 22904-4127
- Workers Compensation per statutory requirement, and Employers’ Liability $1,000,000 minimum limit of liability
2. Send the COI to UVA Risk Management, Kristin Dinwiddie, for approval.
3. Have the supplier register with the University. The payment method for non-contract charter bus suppliers is via a Purchase Order. No deposit.
4. Follow the University’s procurement competition requirements.
5. Verify the following: The charter bus firm has a “Satisfactory” safety rating per the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration: USDOT - FMCSA
6. If supplier has a contract that needs to be signed, submit to Procurement for review and signature.
Executive Transportation and Taxi Services
The preferred method for arranging Executive Transportation (hired car and limo), and taxi services is through one of UVA's Contracted Suppliers