What is TravelUVA?
TravelUVA is the University’s comprehensive travel program for employees offering a contracted Travel Management Company, CISI Travel Insurance Program, management of travel-related contracts, and other travel-related assistance.
The University has contracted with Christopherson Business Travel (CBT) to provide professional travel services for the TravelUVA program. The Concur online booking tool is available as well as an experienced team of CBT agents designated to assist UVA travelers and travel assistants.
Please Note: This system is only to be used for travel that is paid for or reimbursed with University Academic funds. Those traveling on Medical Center funds should contact Medical Center Invoice Processing at 434-924-5495. Athletic team travel is also booked separately, in accordance with a prior contract.
Benefits of TravelUVA
Easy Booking Tool
- Self-service online booking tool through Concur
- NO booking fee to departments
- Lowest fare guarantee
- Real-time availability
- Discounted rates pre-loaded
- UVA policy built-in
- Traveler profile with saved preferences and rewards programs
Travel Agency Support through Christopherson Business Travel (CBT)
- Agents available to assist via phone and email
- 24/7 Urgent Assistance available
- 2-3%+ discount on fares
- Preferred seats
- Priority boarding
- Flight Protection
- Earn frequent flyer miles
- Average 20% discount on best available rate (subject to blackout dates)
- No individual contracts for events/groups needed
- Shuttle or walking distance to the university
Rental Car Benefits
- Status matching
- Waived 2nd driver fees
- Pick-up on grounds
Discounted Personal Travel
- Rental car discounts for personal travel. Find leisure codes on the Travel Contracts page.
- American Airlines & Delta Airlines Discounted Vacation Programs. Find more information on the Travel Contracts page.
Travel Benefits on the T&E Card- click here
Lowest Price Guarantee
If a lower fare is found on another online source, submit the itinerary to CBT via your travel agent team or the online helpdesk within one (1) hour of the original booking. The lower rate must be available for booking on Concur or another US-based website at the time you contact CBT. The price guarantee is available only for exact itinerary matches -- same air carrier, class of service, identical fare rules and restrictions (including applicable refund, change, and cancellation policies), the exact same dates, flight numbers and times of travel for all legs of the trip. Click here for more details.
CBT offers Fare Checker module
Christopherson Business Travel offers a Fare Checker module that automatically searches every reservation for savings of at least $50 within 24 hours of booking and savings of $300 or higher after the 24-hour void window for domestic tickets and $500 or higher for international tickets.
Making Business Travel Personal
View team bios here.
CBT Travel Agent Support (Mon-Fri, 8am-9pm ET):
1-844-488-2228 (24-hour support line) or email@example.com
*If calling after hours, on weekends or holidays, agent will ask for VIT code P-6LV
Concur Online Support (9am-7pm ET):
1-888-535-0179 or firstname.lastname@example.org
434-924-4212 or email@example.com