We know travel can be complicated.
Every trip is unique, with different requirements and budgets. And every University traveler is unique as well.
With all that in mind, how do you find the best options for flights, hotels, rental cars or various other details you need to make your trip planning successful?
That's where we come in.
TravelUVA is an inclusive suite of travel resources that helps you plan, book, and simply travel better. This includes:
- A travel management company, Christopherson Business Travel (CBT), with both online and agent booking available.
- An online booking tool with University policy and contracts built into the search.
- A growing list of contracts (and benefits) with major airlines, car rental agencies, ground transportation services and local hotels.
- Passport and visa services
- Customer support provided by CBT as well as support from UVA's Travel & Expense Team
All of these benefits are designed to provide you with options that allow you to build your best possible travel experience.
We can't wait to see where you go, and we are excited to help you get there.
By the Numbers
We negotiate with airlines, hotels and more so you don’t have to!
- TravelUVA has contracts with major airline carriers, a host of local hotels, and various other travel vendors. We strive to not only provide the lowest possible rates, but also to guarantee our travelers have everything they need to perform University business across the globe.
- You can read all about the individual vendor benefits on the travel contracts page
We’ve got you covered when things don’t quite go as planned.
- Let’s face it, even carefully planned travel can go awry due to weather, delays, or other factors that you can’t control. When booking with TravelUVA, you are automatically covered under our contracts, which often include protection for flight delays, cancellations, and other unforeseen circumstances.
Just because it's University travel doesn't mean your trip can't be a pleasure.
- Through our contracts, travelers have access to services such as:
- Free or preferred seat assignments
- Priority Boarding
- Priority protection if your flight is cancelled or delayed
Traveling on University business comes with some serious perks to the traveler while also providing economical means of travel.
You can read all about the individual vendor benefits on the travel contracts page